HAMPTON LUCY PARISH COUNCIL
PLANNING APPLICATION 15/03650/FUL AS RECENTLY AMENDED
PROPOSED ERECTION OF 4.63 HECTARES OF POLYTUNNELS
AT OLD PASTURES FARM, HAMPTON LUCY
PLANNING NOTIFICATION RESPONSE
Hampton Lucy Parish Council offers no objection to the amended planning application if the conditions listed in the attached document ‘PROPOSED CONDITIONS TO BE APPLIED IF CONSENT IS GRANTED’ are applied if consent is granted. The Parish Council has received considerable and strong public opposition to this planning application and to mitigate this opposition and eliminate some genuine concerns Hampton Lucy Parish Council has voted to propose that the conditions listed below are applied to any consent granted.
PROPOSED CONDITIONS TO BE APPLIED IF CONSENT IS GRANTED
1. There should be a minimum separation distance of 30m between the boundary of Tile Barn Farm and the nearest polytunnels.
2. The ‘Landscape and Visual Report’ submitted as part of the revised application should be a condition in its entirety if consent is granted. In addition it should be a condition that all planting is carried out before work on the development is started.
3. A temporary screen of suitable mesh should be installed between the boundary of Tile Barn Farm and the polytunnels to minimise the visual impact of the development until the tree screen has grown sufficiently to provide effective screening.
4. If permission were to be granted it should include a condition that before work starts that the relevant authorities, Severn Trent Water/the Environment Agency/Warwickshire County Council flood department, give their written confirmation that the drainage system is adequate and meets planning requirements.
5. Due to the close proximity to the residential properties of Tile Barn Farm, construction activities should be restricted to the following hours: Monday – Friday 07.00 – 19.00. No construction should take place on Saturdays and Sundays.
6. Due to the close proximity to the residential properties of Tile Barn Farm all farming work in the polytunnels should be restricted to the hours: Monday – Saturday 08.00 – 20.00 and Sundays 09.00 – 18.00.
7. All construction traffic and subsequent daily vehicle movements to and from the farm must follow the designated Traffic Management Plan detailed in Appendix 1. The route must be clearly signed from the A439 turn.
8. Any damage to the verges and hedges along the designated construction traffic route must be rectified within two months of the completion of the construction work.
9. No artificial lighting should ever be installed in the polytunnels.
APPENDIX 1: TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PLAN
Construction traffic and subsequent daily vehicle movements to and from Old Pastures Farm, Stratford Road, Hampton Lucy, must follow the designated route as detailed below.
The route will be clearly signed to and from the site from the A439 turn.
All vehicles will approach and return via the A439 Warwick Road access at Blackhill.
There is NO access for site traffic from Charlecote across the weight limited single track bridge over the river Avon in Hampton Lucy.
The route detail is:
1. Traffic from Stratford-upon-Avon will travel along the A439 Warwick Road, towards Warwick, and will turn right into Hatton Bank Lane at the crossroads immediately after the Mercedes Benz garage. Traffic from the M40/Warwick/Leamington Spa direction will travel along the A439 Warwick Road towards Stratford-upon-Avon and will turn left into Hatton Bank Lane at the crossroads immediately before the Mercedes Benz garage.
2. After ¼ mile (approx.) vehicles will bear right keeping on Hatton Bank Lane.
3. At the next junction vehicles will turn left onto Stratford Road towards Hampton Lucy. Access to the construction site and the farm is on the right after about 1/3 mile and which must be clearly signposted.
4. Traffic leaving the site will follow the same route in reverse.
5. During any period of a high volume of large vehicles accessing the site, such as when compost is being imported or at the peak of the growing season, a flow control system must be implemented to prevent large vehicles travelling in opposite directions on the designated route meeting each other on the narrow roads between the A439 and the farm entrance.